Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The 4A Mad Hatter's

The 2013/2014 Brush Slave League season has come to an end and we have found our new champion as this years league was won by bas_2312. Well done Bas, it's so well deserved.

For this our last round I also manage to finish a team. Was working on a themed team based on old Heroquest plastic miniatures, but as I dropped one of them into the wet palette, due to some not-so-tacky Blu-tack, I had to come up with something fast.

Luckily, I have had my John Pickford sculpted Four A Miniatures chaotic dwarfs sitting here on the bench in a 90% done stage. Have been sitting here for some time, as I've never finished their shields and bases, so "now" was a good time to do so. And all four miniatures was ready, just-in-time, for our final "Round 8".

Ended up looking like this:

Four A Miniatures: Resus Redgrave



Four A Miniatures: Erik Brokentusk 



Four A Miniatures: Lupus Crackedhelm 



Four A Miniatures: Hiargh and Lowargh






And here is a family photo of all five "dwarfs":






++++++++++++ EDIT ++++++++++++

Axiom asked: "How do they look against your own Ewal Dvergar?" Well, I'll let you be the judge of that :)

Ewal Dvergar mixed with Four A Miniatures


4 comments:

  1. They look great - the guys with the tower dosn't quite fit the theme though... I believe you should have either painted him with more reds or given him a square base...or maybe both. Nontheless they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe why I just bought a second one :) But there is an explanation, see they are not really supposed going together, and of all people you should actually know (having painted two of them) that I prefer my Characters on round 30 DS bases :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job Clam! I'm a sucker for orange on figures, and your little orange bugger really does the business in my view. Great job! How do they look against your own Ewal Dvergar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added a picture for you to judge, but IMHO they are a perfect match :)

      Delete