Sunday, February 23, 2014

Brothers in Art

And here's my latest entry for Brush Slave League 2013/14 - round 5.

For this round I chose to do my two Pickford Artisans. The first one is the Dwarf Artisan commissioned by the Collecting Citadel Miniatures (CCM) Yahoo! Group in 2010 - the other one is the LE Mad Painter BSL Prize miniature I had John doing last year.

The CCM Dwarf Artisan is a stonemason and comes with a work in process Dwarf King bust, but as the Mad Painter comes rather naked, I felt I had to come up with an idea for some "artwork" for him. I decided presenting him as a miniature painter and needed to find someting for his "Golden Demon" contribution. Had to be something Pickford and something small, so I picked a spare Foundry Imp/Familiar from the UND014 - Vinegar Tom pack based on a "plinth".

Brothers in Art



CCM Dwarf Artisan and bust




Clam Minis: BSL Mad Painter






Wargames Foundry: UND014 - Witches Familiar 



And like always, when using scenery bases, they come from awesome Fenris Games.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful stuff Clam! The familiar in particular is fantastic! Love his base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning painting Clam. I never even though about pairing the painter with the sculptor - I must dig mine out! Really nice complementary colour schemes too.

    If I had any teeny-tiny criticism, it's that I think the imp may have been more effective 'mid-paint' (perhaps top half painted, with paint drips running down the 'unpainted' legs. Overall though I think the group is very pleasing :)

    ReplyDelete